As you probably read in my previous post, Orange Habanero Pork Carnitas Flatbread, I am in the 2014 Saucy Mama Recipe Contest, and after making two delicious entry options I can’t decide what to submit! This is recipe concept #2, so after checking it out, leave a comment, write on my Facebook Page, or Tweet me with your preferred appetizer recipe!
These Jamaican Jerk Chicken Quesadillas have an amazing sweet tang, brought about by the Saucy Mama Jamaican Jerk Wing Sauce. As you can see I chose to fill my quesadillas with a lot of extra vegetables and flavor, and you can easily substitute more seasonal vegetables like summer squash, or even a different cheese if you so desire.
Remember to let me know which recipe concept you like better so I can submit my idea to the competition by May 14th! Continue reading “Jamaican Jerk Chicken Quesadillas – Saucy Mama Competition”
As you have probably seen on social media I am competing in this round of Saucy Mama’s Recipe Competition! They sent me a blogger pack of 6 Wing/Marinading Sauces and we are to use one in a recipe fitting their contest’s rules! I can’t decide on which recipe to submit so I need your help!!!
This is recipe concept #1! Concept #2 can be found here! I used a slower cooker to cook the pork shoulder overnight, added the yummy Saucy Mama Orange Habanero Wing Sauce, made my own flatbread and what ensued was a delicious appetizer for any gathering! You can easily add more or less sauce depending on your desire for heat, and this wing sauce has the perfect balance of the orange sweetness with spicy habanero!
I made my own flatbread, infusing some chopped cilantro into the crust, but you can easily use your favorite pizza dough recipe or prepared crust from the store to save time! The leftover pork made delicious sandwiches the next day! Let me know what you think! Continue reading “Orange Habanero Pork Carnitas Flatbread – Saucy Mama Competition”
We are having a big tailgate party tomorrow in honor of my husband’s birthday, and as you already know I am a cheese addict. While I always have the standard salsa and chips to fall back on for a party, this time I had to have a cheese dip! I went with a white queso dip, and had to resist eating it all when I was transferring it to a bowl! This will make about 2-3 cups depending on how cheese happy you get :D I made a night in advance and simply plan on reheating and portioning tomorrow!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 minced clove garlic
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 12 ounces white American cheese
- 4 ounces Monterey jack cheese
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4-1/2 cup diced tomato (depends on your preference)
- 1 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro (add more if desired)
- Salt, Pepper, Nutmeg to taste
- Heat the oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Add onion, garlic and jalapeño to to pot and cook until tender.
- Add shredded cheeses and 1/4 cup of the milk gradually, whisking until even consistency is achieved
- Mix in the tomato and cilantro, salt pepper, and a dash of nutmeg
- Add the additional milk gradually as necessary to retain a thick yet dip like consistency consistency
- Serve with chips and enjoy!