Tailgate Queso Blanco
We are having a big tailgate party tomorrow in honor of my husband’s birthday, and as you already know I am a cheese addict. While I always have the standard salsa and chips to fall back on for a party, this time I had to have a cheese dip! I went with a white queso dip, and had to resist eating it all when I was transferring it to a bowl! This will make about 2-3 cups depending on how cheese happy you get :D I made a night in advance and simply plan on reheating and portioning tomorrow!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 minced clove garlic
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 12 ounces white American cheese
- 4 ounces Monterey jack cheese
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4-1/2 cup diced tomato (depends on your preference)
- 1 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro (add more if desired)
- Salt, Pepper, Nutmeg to taste
- Heat the oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Add onion, garlic and jalapeño to to pot and cook until tender.
- Add shredded cheeses and 1/4 cup of the milk gradually, whisking until even consistency is achieved
- Mix in the tomato and cilantro, salt pepper, and a dash of nutmeg
- Add the additional milk gradually as necessary to retain a thick yet dip like consistency consistency
- Serve with chips and enjoy!