Jamaican Jerk Chicken Quesadillas – Saucy Mama Competition
As you probably read in my previous post, Orange Habanero Pork Carnitas Flatbread, I am in the 2014 Saucy Mama Recipe Contest, and after making two delicious entry options I can’t decide what to submit! This is recipe concept #2, so after checking it out, leave a comment, write on my Facebook Page, or Tweet me with your preferred appetizer recipe!
These Jamaican Jerk Chicken Quesadillas have an amazing sweet tang, brought about by the Saucy Mama Jamaican Jerk Wing Sauce. As you can see I chose to fill my quesadillas with a lot of extra vegetables and flavor, and you can easily substitute more seasonal vegetables like summer squash, or even a different cheese if you so desire.
Remember to let me know which recipe concept you like better so I can submit my idea to the competition by May 14th!
- 6 taco size Four Tortillas
- 1 lb. Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast
- 2 cups Saucy Mama Jamaican Jerk Wing Sauce
- 1/2 lb sliced Havarti Cheese
- 1/2 cup Roasted Corn
- 1/2 cup Black Beans
- 1/4 cup Diced White Onion
- 1/2 cup Diced Tomato
- 1 Tbs finely chopped Cilantro
- Place whole chicken breasts in a large ziplock bag with approximately 1 1/2 cups Saucy Mama Jamaican Jerk Wing Sauce. Mix the bag well so that the sauce coats all of the chicken breasts and then marinate for at least 30 minutes, or overnight.
- While the chicken is marinating prepare your vegetables and herbs; mix together in a small bowl and set aside.
- Once chicken has finished marinating, grill breasts for several minutes on each side so that the chicken is cooked through but still tender. Set chicken aside to cool.
- Once the chicken has cooled shred the chicken with two forks in a large bowl and dress with the remaining 1/2 a cup of Saucy Mama Jamaican Jerk Wing Sauce.
- Prepare grill or pan for tortillas by brushing lightly with oil and pre-heat to a low-medium. Place bottom tortilla on the grill topped first with cheese, then pork, then vegetables.
- Once the first side has heated through add more cheese and the top tortilla, then flip to cook evenly on both sides.
- Once the quesadillas are complete, cut into wedges and share with salsa, guacamole or any of your other favorite toppings!