Kickstart Your Workout – My Top 10 Songs to Keep You Motivated!
Starting today I am getting back into running, so it seemed fitting that I share with you what keeps me motivated – music!
Armed with a fabulous beginners 5k training program, compliments of my uber fit friend Maggie, (@MEMcD84 if you want to follow her on twitter for all of her running and food inspirations), I am committed to seeing this through.
If you are like me, then sometimes it is impossible to convince yourself to get to the gym, or pound the pavement. One of my resolutions for 2014 was to dedicate more time to running, and music definitely keeps me motivated.
This is what I am listening to, to get motivated in this cold weather. Disclaimer: I listen to ALL music, and variety keeps me going. :D
In no particular order:
- Best of 2013 Pop Mashup – Anthem Lights – you may have seen me post about this awesome cover band on social media last week, and this is the perfect song to kick off a run for me, not too loud, because I am probably just waking up, but fun and funky!
- Cruise – Florida Georgia Line ft. Nelly – I am a huge country music fan so Florida Georgia Line is no surprise, mix in Nelly (I grew up in St. Louis and proudly know every lyric to any of his hits), and I am hooked, I dare you not to sing along.
- Timber – Pitbull ft. Kesha – no I will not put a “$” in for her S, but yes this catchy tune puts an extra pep in my step.
- Really Don’t Care – Demi Lovato ft. Cheryl Lloyd – I have never really been the disney pop princess type, but this song has a fun beat and pretty much describes a real life situation all girls have been through. Demi puts a smile on my face with her lyrics, which is hard to do in sub freezing temperatures while running.
- Sail – AWOLNATION – If you have never heard this song, then you probably haven’t seen my favorite TV Show, Rookie Blue, all of that aside this alternative rock/electronic song is altogether badass and the deep bass makes you want to pound the pavement like a boss.
- Best Song Ever – One Direction – Quite honestly you are lucky I only put one One Direction song on this list, they are my guilty pleasure, and this one no doubt makes me sing out loud while running – sorry random dedicated runner passing me, “I think it went Oh Oh Oh, I think it went yea yea yea . . “
- Dark Horse – Katy Perry ft. Juicy J – towards the end of my run I am definitely starting to drag, and this sassy pop hit melds Katy Perry’s energy with a little bit of rap to keep me moving (shameless admission – this song has definitely caused a little dancing action at the stray red light)
- Call On Me – Eric Prydz – Yes I went there, no I don’t regret it. If you think you won’t run to this song, you are lying to yourself, throw back!
- Dynaminte – Taio Cruise – not quite the throwback that Call on Me is, but still a little throw back to add to the running mix that always makes me want to move.
- Wake Me Up – Avicii – love this song, perfect message to end a run on – “wake me up when its all over . . . . “
Hope you enjoy! Let me know what you run to, I am always trying to mix it up!