Saucy Mama Contest: Cracked Pepper Short Rib Pasta with Creamy Horseradish Sauce
I finally got some friends over to taste test 3 different recipes, and we unanimously decided on my Saucy Mama entry for 2015!!!
This pasta recipe is simple to make in large quantities and is easily refrigerated or made ahead of time to enjoy at family events! What I love most about this pasta entree is that you can prepare it with or without the extra creamy horseradish sauce and still enjoy a delicious and hearty entree.
While I was able to choose between 6 sauces to experiment with, for this recipe I specifically used the Cracked Pepper Marinade and the Creamy Horseradish sauce. Please check out the Saucy Mama online store, I have loved using so many of these sauces over the past few weeks in my experimental dishes.
Want to test out some of the Saucy Mama sauces for free? Remember to enter my Saucy Mama giveaway to win some free Saucy Mama Sauces of your choice!
- 1 bottle of Saucy Mama Cracked Pepper Marinade
- 3-4lbs short ribs on the bone
- 16oz strozzapreti pasta (other thin pasta noodles will work)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tbs red pepper flakes
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- juice of 1 lemon
- zest of 1 lemon
- salt & pepper
Creamy Horseradish Sauce
- 1 cup Sour cream
- 2 tablespoons Saucy Mama Creamy Horseradish
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F.
- Arrange the short ribs in baking dish and cover with Saucy Mama Cracked Pepper Marinade.
- Cover with aluminum foil and roast until cooked through and tender, about 3 hours.
- While ribs cook combine all of the ingredients for Horseradish Sauce, and place in refrigerator for later.
- After short ribs have cooked, remove oven and wait for ribs to cool so that rib meat can be shredded off the bone.
- While ribs cool, cook Pasta according to package directions, and drain.
- Add shredded short rib meat, parmesan, red pepper flakes, salt, pepper, lemon juice and zest to drained pasta, mixing well to combine.
- Serve pasta mixture with creamy horseradish sauce if desired.