While we anxiously await the results of the 2015 Saucy Mama recipe contest I decided to share with y’all one of my other contenders for this year’s entry.
I decided not to enter this specific recipe, I thought it was a little to simple, and Saucy Mama had other deviled egg recipes on their website using some of their other unbelievable mustards.
One of the reasons I chose Dill Mustard from their extensive list of products to have and experiment with was because I love pickles. We put pickles on everything, and even in our pimento cheese!
I ultimately settled on the deviled egg because I thought it would showcase the mustard the most. I just new it would really kick them up a notch! I was not disappointed. I advise you taste as you go to see how much dill mustard you like. I probably added more than the 3 Tablespoons I suggested here if I am being honest :D
- Peel shells off of the hard boiled eggs and slice in half (lengthwise).
- Crumble bacon bits into smaller pieces and set aside.
- Using a spoon, gently remove the yolks from the whites and place all the yolks in a small bowl.
- Using a fork, mash the yolks and add the mayonnaise and Saucy Mama Dill Mustard to the yolks and mix until a creamy consistency is achieved.
- For the filling portion of the deviled eggs I scoop the filing into a ziplock bag and cut off one of the corners and use the bag as almost a pastry bag to make filing the egg halves as easily as possible.
- Add crumbled bacon bits to the eggs as desired.
- Sprinkle with paprika and keep in the fridge until ready to serve.