Summer Quinoa Salad
I have been on a huge quinoa kick lately, doing my best to eat healthy and keep things interesting! It can get expensive to buy pre-made quinoa lunches from your local health food store, and this is my absolute go to as of late! It is healthy, filling and an aesthetically pleasing plate!
I used frozen mango and edamame for this recipe, because I keep both on hand in the fridge for snacking and smoothies, but I of course encourage you to use fresh ingredients wherever you can!
- 1 cups quinoa – I used mixed quinoa for color!
- 2 cups water
- 1/4 cup diced red onion, keep it raw
- 1/4 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 2/3 cup slivered almonds (I toasted mine, but that is a taste preference)
- 3/4 cup golden raisins
- 1 1/2 cups edamame (not the whole pods)
- 1 cup diced mango (or more if you love mango like me)
- 3 limes, juicedJuice of 4-5 limes
- 3 Tbsp white balsamic vinegar
- salt & pepper to taste
1. Rinse and cook quinoa in water according to package directions.
2. Let the quinoa cool for this light summer side and in the meantime prepare the rest of the ingredients.
3. Add the remaining ingredients and toss with the lime juice, white balsamic vinegar and salt & pepper.
4. Refrigerate and enjoy!!