Zucchini “Noodles” with Homemade Pesto
So I am absolutely obsessed with my spirazlier! It is such an easy and fun way to feel like I am getting that pasta taste
You could also do squash, or sweet potato “noodles,” but i feel for this specific combo that the pesto and zucchini work well together!and feel for a fraction of the calories! I have used this recipe over and over again for lunches and dinners.
- 1/4 cup shallot, diced
- 2.5 cups basil, packed
- ½ cup toasted almonds, slivered or diced
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- salt & pepper to taste
- 3 large zucchinis
- In food processor, or in my case vitamix, combine the onion, basil, almonds, olive oil, vinegar and crushed red pepper until smooth pesto.
- Add salt & pepper to taste
- Use your fun and nifty spirazlier on the zucchini.
- Toss the zucchini noodles with the pesto until the noodles are well coated.
- Transfer to a platter or bowl and enjoy!