Savory Honey Chicken Meatballs
Good as an appetizer, dinner, or in a sub (as pictured here). These meatballs are an easy dinner and party favorite the whole family will enjoy! Makes approximately 24 meatballs.
Ingredients for Meatballs
- 1lb Ground Chicken
- 1 egg (beaten)
- 1/2 cup seasoned breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- vegetable oil
Ingredients for Sauce
- 1 cup honey
- 1/3 cup tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
You will need one medium and one small bowl, as well as a baking dish. Pre-heat your oven to 400 degrees.
- In a medium bowl combine the first 6 meatball ingredients with hands. If it seems too loose add more breadcrumbs to provide more cohesion.
- Foil line or spray baking dish and roll approximately 24 meatballs with hands and place in the dish.
- Brush the meatballs with vegetable oil.
- Place meatballs in the oven for 12 minutes.
While the meatballs are cooking go ahead and prepare the sauce.
- Combine all the ingredients listed and mix well.
- After meatballs are cooked, cover meatballs with sauce and return to the oven for 15 minutes.
Once meatballs have finished cooking serve as you wish. Pictured here I have prepared them alone, paired with toothpicks for an appetizer, or in a bun with mozzarella cheese toasted and warmed for a great dinner.